Welcome to Cranwich Road Surgery
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
If you have travelled from China or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus in the last two weeks, you may be at risk of Coronavirus. Please do NOT leave the house. Instead, ring 111 if:
- You have been in China in the last 14 days and develop cough, fever or shortness of breath; or
- You have been in Wuhan or Hubei Province in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone confirmed as having Coronavirus, even if you feel well
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
Our modern building has been designed with full facilities for people with disabilities.
Accessible Information Standard
The Accessible Information Standard is a new law to make sure that people who have a disability, impairment or sensory loss are given information they can easily read or understand.
The Accessible Information Standard tells NHS and adult social care organisations they must make sure people get information in different formats such as: - easy read, braille, advocate, British Sign Language (BSL), large print or email.
As part of the Accessible Information Standard we must:
- Identify patients who may have an additional communication need.
- Record the patient's need in our clinical GP system.
- Flag the patient's record to assure additional communication needs are obvious to practice staff;
- Share this information with other care givers such as social care;
- Act to ensure our staff can effectively communicate with patients who may have additional communication needs.
Please inform a member of staff if you have any communication support needs. You need to help us make sure we get things right for you.
For details as to how we use your data to manage your care in line with the GDPR and the Data Protection Act of 2018 please click here
(Site updated 26/02/2020)